So the quotes are going to be directly quoted from an article on the AHA’s website with a bit of my commentary. I found them amusing enough to post.
- “There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design.” – Michele Bachmann
-Ummmm no. No there are not, nothing even remotely close. Seeing as how evolution forms the backbone of modern Biology, its hard to be a biologist and not understand evolution. Bachmann is just all around an uneducated, foolish person who should not be involved in politics.
- “You know what, evolution is a myth….Why aren’t monkeys still evolving into humans?” – Christine O’Donnell
– O’Donnell is on the same playing-field as Bachmann. Apparently they both have very little education and understanding of scientific concepts. In fact, I see no way to respond to this than to just utterly reject it and tell her to read a book. Natural Selection is observable today but obviously holds no conscious plan. Man didnt evolve from anything close to modern “monkeys”.
- ”I absolutely do not believe in the science of man-caused climate change. It’s not proven by any stretch of the imagination…It’s far more likely that it’s just sunspot activity or just something in the geologic eons of time. Excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere ‘gets sucked down by trees and helps the trees grow.”’ – Ron Johnson
-So this guy has a bit better understanding of the world, he at least understands the concept of trees breathing and growing. However, man-made climate change has been proven very well; data overwhelmingly supports this hypothesis. Please read and investigate before making wild claims.
- ‘They [Republicans] say, ‘You’re too conservative.’ Was Thomas Jefferson too conservative? I’m tired of some people calling me wacky.” – Sharron Angle
-Jefferson… conservative? He was very liberal in by the standards of that time period and he would not be a republican (or democrat for that matter) today. Tea Partiers today are attempting to create a new history for the US, once again I have the same advice – pick up a book and read before you talk.
- “American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains.” – Christine O’Donnell
-No, no they arent. Thats a biological impossibility; as cool as that would be. O’Donnell never ceases to horrify me with her ignorance.
- ”Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn’t it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate.”- Sarah Palin
-Oh my old favorite Palin. The “ground zero” mosque wasnt even at ground zero! It wasnt even visible from ground zero! This is utter lying in order to further vilify all Muslims in America.
- ”Do you know, where does this phrase ‘separation of church and state’ come from? It was not in Jefferson’s letter to the Danbury Baptists. … The exact phrase ‘separation of Church and State’ came out of Adolph Hitler’s mouth, that’s where it comes from. So the next time your liberal friends talk about the separation of Church and State, ask them why they’re Nazis.” – Glen Urquhart
-Yes it was written by Jefferson and coined by him. I have never heard Hitler use it. In fact, Hitler was very adept at using god and religion in his rhetoric but no one usually calls
christians nazis just because they can.
- ”The greatest threat to America is not necessarily a recession or even another terrorist attack. The greatest threat to America is a liberal media bias.” – Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX)
-No but a big issue in America is liberal AND conservative bias in the media. Americans have to be intelligent when watching TV.
- “People ask me, ‘What are you going to do to develop jobs in your state?’ Well, that’s not my job as a U.S. senator.” – Sharron Angle
-Um yes it is? You are in the Senate to support your freakin state and get more jobs ofr it during a recession!
- ”I’m not a witch…I’m you.” – Christine O’Donnell
-Who cares? I certainly dont, because guess what? Witches do not exist, nor does magic. I would vote for a guy claiming to be a wizard who owned his own planet if I liked his politics. Religious beliefs bear absolutely no importance in a political candidate.